Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched a new campaign for the people of the village, which has been named as the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Campaign (PMGDISHA).
Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Campaign (PMGDISHA) is a new upcoming scheme. The scheme has been approved in the Union Cabinet meeting on 8 February 2017. It is targeted to make 6 crore rural households digitally literate by March 2019 through a plan of Rs 2,351.38 crore. The Union Cabinet has approved the scheme with an outlay of Rs 2,351.38 to implement the scheme by March 2019 under the Digital India initiative headed by the Prime Minister.
Under this scheme, every person will be taught to run computers and other digital devices like smartphones and tablets so that they become proficient in these digital devices and can use internet service. In such a situation, a citizen can sit at home and take advantage of various types of online services.
According to the NSSO report on education in survey 2014, only 6% of rural households have a computer. The goal of PMGDISHA under the Indian Digital Program is to provide digital literacy to the villagers and to make them aware of the use of computers and other digital devices.
Objectives of Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Campaign (PMGDISHA):
• Under this scheme, at least one member of about 40 percent of rural households in the country is to be made digitally literate by 31 March 2020.
• About 6 crore citizens of the country will be provided digital literacy under this scheme.
• Under PMGDISHA, about 52.5 lakh people will be provided IT training by 2020.
• The beneficiaries of this scheme are identified by CSC-SPV in association with District e-Governance Society (DeGS), Gram Panchayats and Block Development Officers.
Documents for Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Campaign (PMGDISHA):
• Applicant must be a resident of India.
• The age of the applicant should be between 18 and 60 years.
• Applicant’s Aadhar Card
• identity card
• Age certificate
• mobile number
• Passport size photo
The registration process for Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Campaign (PMGDISHA):
• Go to the official website.
• GO to the option “direct candidate”.
• Go to the register option on the opened page.
• Now, fill the opened registration form.
• In this registration form, you have to fill in all the information asked like UIDAI Number, Student Name, Gender, Date of Birth, etc. and after reading the instructions given below, click on the checkmark.
• After that, you have to click on Add. After this on the next page, you have to do the e-KYC which can be done either by scanning the fingerprint or scanning the eyes, or verifying the OTP (from registered mobile number). Those who do not have a fingerprint scanner or retina scanner can choose the third option which is mobile phone OTP verification.
• For this, you have to provide a valid mobile number, to which OTP will be sent. After entering the correct OTP, you have to click on ‘Validate OTP’.
• You can then go to the Student tab and check all your information. Once registered, students can open their new accounts by generating a user ID and password in it.
Leave a Reply