On this portal, you will get a list of scholarships for students from class 1 to class 10, students studying in class 12th as well as students of the class 12th pass. In other words, the National Scholarship Portal offers almost all types of scholarships for students studying from class 1 to Ph.D. level. The National Scholarship Portal is the best solution to apply for any government scholarship and educational loan.
Key Points of National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
• Official link of Portal: scholarships.gov.in
• Initiated by Central Government of India
• Name of Ministry: Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, India Government
• Goal of Portal: To provide a single platform for all state/central govt., etc. schemes
• Institute Verification Form.
• Income certificate issued by an authorized officer in the State / Union Territory.
• Student Announcement.
• Self-attested certificate of passed final examination filled in the form.
• Fee Receipt for ‘Current Course Year’.
• Proof of a bank account in the student’s name. (mandatory)
• Aadhaar Card and Proof of address (optional)
Schemes of National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2020
• Central scheme
• UGC Scheme
• AICTE Scheme
• State scheme
On the official website (National Scholarship Portal),scholarships.gov.in, you will get all the information related to these schemes.
UGC- Schemes (University Grant Commission)
The University Grants Commission (UGC) is an authority that accredits and also funds universities across India. Apart from this, UGC also offers several scholarship schemes for students pursuing tertiary education-
• ISHAN UDAY – Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region
• PG INDIRA GANDHI SCHOLARSHIP FOR SINGLE GIRL
• PG SCHOLARSHIP FOR UNANKERSITY RANK HOLDERS (IST AND IIND RANK HOLDERS)
• PG Scholarship Scheme for Scheduled Caste Scheduled Tribe Students for Professional Courses
Procedure to Check Eligibility at NSP 2.0
The National Scholarship Portal 2.0 is a news portal that makes it less complicated for students to inform them efficiently and transparently on available national scholarships. The National Scholarship Portal i.e. NSP 2.0 offers Pre matric and Postmetric Scholarships to various reserved category students (SC / ST / OBC / GEN). New registration and renewal of application form under the NSP of 2020 are now open.
Benefits of NSP 2.0
• Information about all scholarships will be received in one portal.
• Easy application process
• Single integrated application
• Recommend students about the best scholarship scheme to apply
• No double application
• Transparent record.
• Up to date data available
• Aid as a decision support system (DSS) for ministries and departments.
Registration Procedure of National Scholarship Portal
• First of all, go to the official website scholarships.gov.in.
• On the home page “New User? Register” Press.
• A new page with name, gender, mobile number, captcha code, and some other details will appear when asked. Fill it with the correct information and after filling it, select the ‘Register’ tab.
• After successfully completing your registration processes, you will receive your “Student Registration ID”. You will be able to login to your account through your “Student Registration ID”.
• Now, “Welcome to the portal”, the page will appear.
• After pressing the “Application Form” tab, the form will appear on your Dekstop screen. Fill the registration, educational, and basic details. Now start filling according to these fields.
• By selecting “Save & Continue” you will get the application form and in addition to fill various important contact details, plan details and upload documents accordingly.
• Finally, press on the ‘Submit’ button and >> complete the online application submission process to apply for the scholarship on the National Scholarship Portal.
• Do not forget to print your application form for reliable reference.
Procedure to check Scheme Wise Scholarship Sanctioned List
Go to the official website >> new registration >> Scheme wise scholarship sanctioned list >> Enter the required details >>Enter captcha code >>click submit option.
Procedure to apply for Renewal
Go to the official website >> Login >> Enter the required details >>click on login >> apply for renewal of application.