The SWAYAM portal is an education portal, it is a very good step taken by the central government in the field of education. The main objective of this portal is to make education available in every corner of India and to improve the education system. With the help of the SWAYAM portal, education can also be given to those children, where schools and teachers are not available. The official website of SWAYAM is www.swayam.gov.in.
The “SWAYAM” Online Education Portal was announced by the Government of India in the General Budget presented on 1 February 2017, which was launched on 9 July 2017 by the then President Honorable Pranab Mukherjee.SWAYAM portal any person in the world wants to learn something can register at Swayam Portal.
Anyone who needs any help regarding registration/login or enrollment on the swayam.gov.in portal can contact in the helpline details given below.
Helpline Number: 1800 121 9025
Helpline Email: [email protected]
Some special things about the SWAYAM portal
• SWAYAM portal is an online learning portal that is completely free for students. Therefore, the course available on the portal itself is also free.
• Courses from 9th grade to Post Graduation are available on the SWAYAM portal.
• Students who would like to get a certificate. They will be given a certificate after successfully passing the course with some fees.
• There are 4 parts of the syllabus available on the SWAYAM portal – Video Lectures, specially prepared Study Material which can be downloaded and printed, self-examination through examination and questionnaire and Online discussion to resolve the final doubts.
• Courses in the subjects of Engineering, Science, Humanities, Language, Commerce, Management, Library, Education, etc. are available on the SWAYAM portal.
SWAYAM List of Courses
SWAYAM courses include Technology Advanced Teaching (NPTEL) for Engineering, University Grants Commission (UGC) for Postgraduate Education, NCERT and NIOS for School Education (NCERT & NIOS), CEC for National Program (CEC), National Management Studies Indira Gandhi Open University (IGNOU) for school students and IIMB.
SWAYAM Mobile App
Registered candidates can use all the SWAYAM syllabus on their mobile app which is available on Google Play Store for Android mobile phones.
SWAYAM – Coordinators
There are nine coordinators in SWAYAM. They are AICTE, NPTEL, UGC, CEC, NCERT, NIOS, IGNOU, IIMB, NITTTR.
• First of all, you have to open the SWAYAM portal on your computer. Keep in mind this is a very heavy content website. Therefore, to register, you have to open it on the computer itself. Go to the official website of SWAYAM, https://swayam.gov.in.
• Click on the option “SIGN IN / REGISTER” from the opened webpage.
• After clicking Register, different options will open for you to log in to the portal. From here you have click on the option “Sign up now”.
• You can also register yourself in the portal with your Facebook Account, Google Account or Microsoft Account, but we will not advise you on this. You create a separate account for yourself and click on Sign up now.
• After clicking on Sign up now, SWAYAM Registration Form will open in front of you. This form has two parts. So, read it carefully and fill the required information correctly.
• Now the email address you have written. It will be verified to which SWAYAM will send a Verification Code. To get the verification code, click on Send Verification and open your email account and copy the code.
• Verify it OTP.
• After Email Verification you have to fill the second part of the form i.e. the options below and after filling all the information, click on Create.
• After clicking Create, the SWAYAM Agreement will open in front of you. Which you have to read and accept. To accept this, you click on I Agree.
• After accepting the SWAYAM Agreement, another form will open in front of you called Update your profile, in which you have to give more information about yourself.
• When you update your profile, then after this information is to be saved, for this, click on the button SAVE & CONTINUE below.
Course Selection and Enrollment Process
• Go to the official website of SWAYAM, https://swayam.gov.in.
• Go to the option “All courses” and select the course.
• Click on the page Enroll now from the course page.